¿Sin ganas de leer mucho? Date una vuelta por el Tumblr de Su Nombre en Vano

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What is wrong in Islamic leaders?

I read this in the news:
Rape victim receives 101 lashes for becoming pregnant
A 16-year-old girl who was raped in Bangladesh has been given 101 lashes for conceiving during the assault.

But I try to keep my cool and, even though I read "Bangladesh" (which I know is a country with and Islamic majority) and "lashes" (which I know is commonly used as punishment in Islamic societies), I try to be fair and not think automatically that Islam had anything to do with it. That this happens because of the "machismo" in this society. But then...

Her rape emerged after her pregnancy test and Muslim elders in the village issued a fatwa insisting that the girl be kept in isolation until her family agreed to corporal punishment.

There you have. Muslim elders. Are these people really this stupid or just plain evil? Is this the kind of leaders that Muslims in those villages seek for advice and wisdom?

I know, ignorance fucks everything up, but when something like this is so obviously wrong, how is it possible to keep thinking that the Muslim leaders are really representing some kind of God that brings peace and wisdom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blasfema libremente

"Que esté permitido a cada uno pensar como quiera; pero que nunca le esté permitido perjudicar por su manera de pensar" Barón D'Holbach
"Let everyone be permitted to think as he pleases; but never let him be permitted to injure others for their manner of thinking" Barón D'Holbach